I mean... it's just talking isn't it? ... and mine's a Guinness.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Red, Gold & Green

So Dick called... he said I owed him a drink for the shouty thing. I told him that I'd buy myself a drink and let him have ten percent of it.

Some people have no sense of humor.

So we're in the bar and he asks me how my Jamaican accent is coming along. He knows I've been trying some of the unusual ones, mainly as warm-ups. He says that it's a regular gig, every six months or so, but his usual guy has dropped off the face of the planet. Now, I've met this guy before, and to be honest, I didn't really think he was on the planet to start with. So anyway, not being someone who shies away from a challenge, I decided to put some serious effort in...


By the end of the evening, my Jamaican accent was absolutely perfect. I would have fooled Hemingway. They had the karaoke thing going and I did a marvelous version of I Shot The Sheriff...  brought the house down if I remember correctly.

Although, it should be said that Dick didn't seem impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment